Cockroaches are repulsive insects that can quickly infest a home in a matter of time. There are several ways to treat a cockroach infestation by buying store brought products and traps. The main issue with the commercial products is the fact that they are not as affective as they claim to be. Cockroach sprays are no match against the ever-growing cockroach population as they multiply at a very high rate. Instead the best thing to do is to prevent the infestation to happen. Cockroaches mainly look for food, shelter, and moisture, and thoroughly cleaning and storing away food will help tremendously!
Below, you will find some tips and tricks on how to keep your home clean to avoid cockroach presence. If you already notice cockroaches, you might be dealing with an infestation and need professional intervention from the technicians at Exterminator Peterborough!
- Scrub down your kitchen appliances– Think of how much food, grease, and other edible debris has made its way under your fridge or stove? Scrub down your appliances and the spaces behind and underneath them to remove food sources.
- Clean drawers and cabinets – Remove all items from your drawers and cabinets and scrub them down using soap and water. If you notice cockroach feces in the drawers and cabinets, you should also wash your eating and cooking utensils and dishes, pots, and pans.
- Designate an eating room –Make sure you and your family limit your eating to one room. If you have an eat-in kitchen or dining room, consume all your meals in that room. Do not allow anyone to eat in their rooms, the living room, or other rooms in the house to prevent the spread of a possible food source.
- Disinfect countertops –Make sure you clean and disinfect your countertops every single night before you go to bed.
- Seal leftover food in airtight containers –Make sure you place all leftover food you have in an airtight container and put it in the fridge rather than leaving it out.
- Keep your sink cleared out –Wash dishes every single night. German cockroaches will seek out any source of food they can find, including bits of food left on plates, pots, and pans that sit in your sink.
- Empty your trash cans –Empty all trash cans in your home every night. Remove the bag and place it in an appropriate container outside your home or apartment. Make sure the container has a tight lid that seals closed.
Along with proper sanitation, you should remove any food source cockroaches have access to. In any case of cockroach sighting, especially at night. Consider hiring Exterminator Peterborough area to deal with these cockroaches completely. Call our customer support service for more information.